[Blindtlk] iPhone question.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Aug 26 23:53:27 UTC 2014

Kendra:

To my knowledge, there is no way to start an email, then specify a document
or photo or PDF file to attach to the email. I did read once that one person
said he was able to go to the photo app, find the picture he wanted to
attach, copy it to the clipboard, then open the email and *finally* paste
the clipboard into the message body. However, I haven't verified this and am
dubious that this will work.

You have to email the picture from within the photo app or camera app by
selecting the picture you want to email, then finding the "share" icon or
whatever it's called in that context, and choosing email and sending your
email that way; it'll have the picture attached.

This is because app spaces are "sandboxed", that is, one app can't access
another app's space except in a few very specific instances.

You could use a third-party app such as Filer to email the document but even
there, you aren't using the mail program to send the photo or document.

Mike