[Blindtlk] Should I, Shouldn't I?RE: (no subject)

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:04:11 UTC 2014

Well, Chris, I think a lot depends upon you. But first, why do you think you
are a bother to people "just to get on a plane." Aren't your needs important
enough to have you ask? Wouldn't they care enough about your safety? Is
there no airport shuttle you could employ, or is the price prohibitive. I
don't want to have offended you, so hope you get the spirit in which I mean
it.

Second, I would imagine from what you said you have the ability to learn how
to use a cane. You already know how. You had some mobility training already.
You set the stage for the sighted folks you use. I personally would have to
find people with whom I felt comfortable, but you definitely have to set
your own rules on this. Then if it isn't working for you, I would suggest
that you either see if you can get transport to the airport to go to Leader
Dogs or apply for one of the NFB Centers and go there upon receipt of your
application.

Cindy