[Blindtlk] (no subject)

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Dec 3 03:31:56 UTC 2014

It seems it would be better to choose a school with a more comprehensive
program for a guide dog.  But if Leader Dogs is more into O&M, I don't know
that they are, you might benefit from the O&M.  I would also say, however,
that if your cane use has been limited, you would have a leg up on
everything if you reinforced the cane skills you already have with some more
mobility.  As much as I have used a cane and am comfortable with it, I have
always benefited from an occasional touch-up from a mobility trainer.
Techniques change over the years, mostly for the better.  Many professional
sports players get brush-up training, so no reason you can't with the cane
travel, too.  Have you checked with your state services?