[Blindtlk] O&M please make sure you have subject line

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Dec 3 19:46:12 UTC 2014

Chris,

While I don't know the specifics of your case, it is possible that you need to think out of the box some on getting
oriented to your college campus.  You are not going to always have a case open anywhere when you need to become
oriented to a new place.  One thing you might consider is getting some reader time authorized and use a reader to
learn about your campus.  There is nothing that says that a reader can only read books.  <smile>  If your travel
technique is reasonably good, learning to develop your ability to learn a new place without requiring a mobility
professional is a worthwhile effort, and you may be able to work out reader funding more easily than funding for an
O&M professional.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:50:48 +0000, Szostak, Christine via blindtlk wrote:

>HI,
>  I am actually still with another state's VR services right now and they are closing my case in the near future
since I have been out of the state too long. I have been told by VR services and related individuals in GA that
they are very hard to get into (e.g., they were really backlogged when I called and could not take on anyone new
for at least a year or more) also someone in Vision services in GA told me that although I would qualify for VR
services, VR would very likely not be too helpful as I would likely not be provided any funding support since I
earn a pay check and thus I would have to pay for my own O/M... out of pocket (which is quite out of my means).
>Happy Wed!
>Chris

employment job training or education. If you do not have a list of things you want to do they can close your case.

>Cheryl Echevarria
>Echevarria Travel
>www.echevarriatravel.com
>Echevarriatravelblog.com
>631-456-5394
>Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
>Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

question as well. Excellent question Judy, thanks!