[Blindtlk] Overhangs, Tips, and Types

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:57:55 UTC 2014

I think you want to use a "real" cane. Dogs don't really catch over hangs
all that well often because they aren't necessarily looking up. I wonder if
your cane tip is a little worn or if you are using it at an angle that
causes it to catch in the sidewalk more. You might play with the angle of
the tip a little. Not having used a cane with a ball on it, I can't say for
sure, but I wonder if you can hear as much with that ball rolling.

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, why are you considering terminating the
use of a dog? I am, too, but for obviously different reasons from yours.

Cindy