[Blindtlk] Video Calls

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 04:09:30 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm doing a virtual presentation on Thursday and I think my audience
will want to interact with me visually as well as listening to what I
say. What's the most accessible way to do a video call? Which iPhone
apps are most accessible? I think the group is used to using Google
Hangouts. I have it on my phone and can access the contact list to
call people, but once I'm in a call I can't read the screen at all
with VoiceOver. Does video automatically start when a call connects?
Are there other apps that are more accessible than Hangouts? And once
I'm in a video call, what's the best way for me to aim the camera to
ensure I'm being seen properly?

Thanks for any help.
Best,
Arielle