[Blindtlk] Embosser Help Please...

James Kelm jameskelm at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 17 19:48:58 UTC 2014

Dear friends,

    I have an Index Basic-D Braille embosser that I am having trouble with, and I hope that someone with more experience than I do will be able to offer some suggestions for fixing the problem!

    The embosser works great, other than for the one issue.  When I emboss a short document, consisting of 7 pages or less, everything is great.  At the beginning of an 8th page however, suddenly for no apparent reason, the embosser will begin to ignore the paper top and bottom breaks.  Where previously the page numbers were aligned correctly at the upper right corner of each page, now the embosser will start acting like the top of the page is 3 or 4 lines lower.  Each page number will now appear 3 or 4 lines down, and often times a line that now appears directly on the actual physical page separation, will be embossed directly on the perferation, so that it will be divided in half when I pull the pages apart.

    Does anyone have an idea of how I can make my embosser consistently line up according to the actual physical pages?  I must emboss longer comments, but it doesn’t help when after 7 pages, it starts to mess everything up.  This is my first embosser, so I am not very skilled at its use yet.

    Thank you for your help!

Respectfully Yours in Christ,
Pastor James Kelm
True Hope Church of Duluth