[Blindtlk] My Apology

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 11 02:27:34 UTC 2014

Hi, Judy.

I have not considered the Android.  You are certainly free to inform me of
the advantages you see with your Android.  I think one of the problems I had
is that the person who helped me program it, while being very nice, seemed
to have no clue what Voice Over was, she thought it was an app, not a
setting.  So I didn't get competent help from the get go.  Also, I have this
antiquated notion that newer technology is somehow supposed to be easier to
work with than older technology, and I forget that this isn't always the
case.  I have a friend in Florida who very much likes her iPhone, although
she is still getting used to it.  But she got it from an Apple store, and
was helped by a very competent employee to program it, and her daughter and
son both use iPhones, so they were able to observe her and point things out
to her.  Maybe down the road I will try again, but first I need to find out
the basics, hence the National Braille Press literature.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.