[Blindtlk] bees?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 18:14:06 UTC 2014

Hello all!

I am seriously considering starting a beehive.   I have done some internet research and have read up on things like purchasing a hive, selecting bees, bee illnesses, safety and so on.  I have found a few beekeepers in the region, but none are really close.  If I do go ahead with my bees, I would arrange some one on one personal instruction.  I wanted to ask people here first though.  Does anyone have any idea how much blindness might factor into keeping bees?  Is there some way to tell if the bees are healthy besides looking at them?  Does anyone know anyone who is blind and knows anything about bees?

I would be very appreciative of any help anyone can offer.

Julie