[Blindtlk] Unsolicited prayers

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 04:55:07 UTC 2014

Good afternoon, Liz,

A Sociologist thinker who studied people he refers too as normals
(meaning people un effected),  and in turn blind people Have you ever
begged a question of why normals are curious about knowing your dog?
I believe people experience blindness in terms of a second hand, on a
person2person basis. If you, as I do, recruit ol'Sighty to guide you,
even when you might not particularly need help, you can sort of,
through humor and straight talk show them how approachable, even
humorous we can be?
If I had a dog, you better believe I would want people to know about
us, how we work together, how are sharing is symbiotic in nature. So,
if you are proud of your 4-legged leader, perhaps you can be proud to
share him with whomever should want to know him?
So, Liz, Why are normals, generally afraid or at least ill at ease around us?
  I imagine it is primarily because people have rebuffed
their  gestures of support at least, and at worst have down-right
rude or emasculating.  The average  sighted person's being so
intrigued since, as Peter said, almost as a rule normals never, ever
come into personal contact with a blink so, obviously it is their
instinct to act like any blind people with whom they make personal
contact are you know, zoo animals. For a change, try stepping outside
of yourself, understanding that presences are scariest while
submerged by darkness and, don't be rude since the last thing you
want is for all blinks to be ascribed with having chips on their
shoulders? Perhaps, be mindful of working toward the end of bringing
levity and light when uncomfortable, not hostility?