[Blindtlk] Independent Living Skills

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:52:26 UTC 2014

Dear Members,

I have been discussing this topic on several other nfb lists this
week and I'd like to discuss it here as well.  For the past few
weeks I have been thinking about independent living skills.  As a
college student I feel that I need to imrove these skills before
I decide to live on my own.  For the past several years my mom
and old sisters have helped me to complete certain tasks.  Two
weeks ago my dad and I walked into Subway on the UCF campus so I
could have some lunch before heading offer to take an exam.  I
independently ordered my own sandwich and told the person behind
the counter what I wanted on it.  I'd like to hear your
independ"t living skills stories.  Hope to hear from you soon.