[Blindtlk] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 02:18:53 UTC 2014

Aricka,
	Once again, let me reiterate, there was never a threat to file a law
suit, only the advisement that we were going to contact upper management of
the company whose number I happen to have in my files since we have worked
with this company on a number of White Cane Safety Day events. As for tone
of voice, your subjective judgement is not an accurate assessment. still
recovering  those who say they would have handled it differently have likely
not been in the situation to defend their civil rights.Furthermore, when we
asked to speak with the manager while the discrimination was taking place,
our requests were ignored and we were falsely told the manager did not speak
English. Arriving at a conclusion based upon five minutes of video without
considering the twenty minutes before it takes the whole incident out of
context. The fact of the matter is we were discriminated against and some
are discounting the seriousness of the offense in much the same way the
manager did. Thanks to those who are supportive because they have faced the
same ignorance and rudeness!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala