[Blindtlk] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Rebecca Ilniski rilniski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 03:06:14 UTC 2014

Hi everyone.  I watched the video and feel that Mary and Marion handled
the situation appropriately.  Also if you remember near the end of the
video another customer spoke up and said how unprofessional that
particular McDonalds was towards its customers. Although the manager did
say they were sorry I don't believe it was a sincere apology.  If it
was, they would have gotten a free lunch. I really liked the comparison
between discriminating against a guide dog team vs an access issue of
race.  I didn't hear anything about suing just the penalties of a $500
fine.  I believe if the education wasn't firm and said more gently that
the managers wouldn't have listened or would have shrugged it off and
went about their business.  Just my two cents worth on the matter.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski at gmail.com
twitter: zebs_mom