[Blindtlk] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 12:34:37 UTC 2014

I'm like you Julie, and I've been working with guide dogs since 1975. I've
rarely had an access issue and never been absolutely refused. I've had to
explain the dog is a service dog, and long ago before I knew better, I had
to show my GDB ID card one time. I don't know why I haven't had issues
whereas others I know seem to have issues somewhat frequently.  Well, except
for taxis. I had a lot of issues with cabs when I lived in Washington state
by a particular cab company and had one cab leave me in san Rafael of all
places. But for the most part in nearly 40 years, it hasn't been a problem.

Sherry