[Blindtlk] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Cherylandmaxx Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:01:11 UTC 2014

Campers is the franchise company for McDonald's

Cheryl Echevarria
Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com
Echevarriatravelblog.com
631-456-5394
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

Hi Ray and all,
I must respectfully disagree with you here. While one might argue that Mary
could have been a bit warmer here, but I am inclined to believe that I'd
have acted very similarly. Mary and her friend experienced two wrongs here:
1. She was discriminated against by the first employee;
2. She was also lied to as regards the manager's ability to speak English.
While the manager had a rather thick accent, her ability to speak English
appeared to be adequate.
Like you ray, I am not inclined to sue first, but I didn't hear any specific
threats to sue. Now, she did say she was going to "call Casper" and I don't
know who or what that is. IF Caspar is a law firm then I'll be happy to be
stand corrected.
The only threats were that she demanded that the McDonalds no-longer
discriminate against guide dog and service animal users. She also threatened
to be sure that the employees of that McDonalds would have to undergo
sensitivity training. No doubt that these employees are badly in need of
such training and as a user of guide dogs for over 30 years, I hope they get
it very soon.
This is not 1950 or 1960 and guide dog users shouldn't have to put up with
this nonsense any longer.
Let us all stick together in the face of discrimination.
Bob Hachey