[Blindtlk] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 13 21:38:42 UTC 2014

With all due respect, I'm not sure that the public generally does believe
that this type of discrimination is necessary, simply because the public
generally doesn't know that it happens just like the general public knows
less about any issues regarding blindness.  An example has to do with the
minimum wage fight.  Many fast food workers are treated horribly and are
paid, (pardon the profanity here), shit for wages and simply cannot make it
on those wages without getting some sort of public assistance.  For many
years it was believed that one could not organize those workers to stand up
for themselves.  Now we are beginning to hear about these workers and
workers at other slave stores like Walmart, pardon my obvious anger here,
are starting to say "no, we are bing mistreated."  I understand that in some
instances people have pointed out to these protesting workers that a number
of people with disability work in sweat shops for less than the minimum
wage.  These workers typically have no idea that this practice is going on,
and they are appalled when they hear about it.  That's why I say it isn't
that the public condones this discrimination, but simply that they are not
even aware of it.  Pardon me for referring to Walmart as a slave store
earlier, but for a number of reasons, some of which have to do with how they
pay their workers, I will shop there only if it is a dire necessity.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.