[Blindtlk] cane advice

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Tue Jun 24 11:46:07 UTC 2014

I use the telescopic cane all the time for in-town use, and love it.  A good
firm pull will keep it extended, but you don't have to apply a lot of
strength.  I know that once in a while one of the sections will want to
collapse, but it doesn’t take half a second to place the tip between your
feet and give a firm tug to fix it.  It's my favorite cane because I can
collapse it and pop it in my purse when not using it.

If you're doing any hiking, a sturdier cane is better for off-road.  I
actually like to use a folding cane with a red ball tip in those situations.
That red ball is about the size of a pool ball and is great for going
through any rough country.

Hope this helps.