[Blindtlk] Google maps and other ways to get directions between two places

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Mar 8 17:34:02 UTC 2014

Arielle,

I don't have the answer about Google Maps, but I wanted to mention that I really like the APH Talking Maps from the American Printing house for the
Blind.  However it is not free, but I have found it useful in exploring areas within the Twin Cities where I live and also as a memory refresher when I go to
Washington DC.  The ability to explore is part of some of the GPS software available to blind people, but the APH software which was produced by
Sendero in part, is more reasonably priced.  I will also be curious to hear what others say about Google Maps, though.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson