[Blindtlk] Google maps and other ways to get directions between two places

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Mar 8 23:27:59 UTC 2014

C'mon in! You'll like our list. (grin)

Frankly, I've never found any of the GPS apps satisfactory for learning what
one really needs to know to travel but they do quite well at confirming that
one is on the beam. I have Navigon, Ariadne GPS, BlindSquare and the first
version of Sendero GPS Lookaround. (I also have AroundMe but that's not
exactly a GPS APP). I rather like Ariadne GPS and it allows a certain amount
of exploration as does BlindSquare. But were I you, I'd ask people on the
NFBWATLK list, ask people around you and just explore rather than trying to
learn ahead-of-time. Seattle is one of those cities that is kind of
cadiwaumpus (this due to a disagreement between city planners following the
Great Fire of 1889) so IMO you're better off just experiencing it.

Mike Freeman