[Blindtlk] Guide Dogs

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu May 1 18:33:41 UTC 2014

I have a guide dog.  I trained him myself, so I can't answer your school question.  I'd venture a guess that no one is going to be able to tell you which guide dog program is best.  It's like asking which is better Coke or Pepsi, chocolate or vanilla.  People are different and like different things.  You've already applied to GDB though.  Are you second guessing your choice? wanting approval for that choice? wanting to
know what the training is like there?  or something else?

There is a list for guide dog users.  The division is the National Association of Guide Dog Users or NAGDU.  There are lots of people who have dogs from GDB on that list.  I'm sure they could tell you what their experience was like there.

Julie

Sent from my iPad