[Blindtlk] matters of belief: was: Re: Getting Lost

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 20:31:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm not very religious and perhaps not qualified to comment on this
topic. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is that blindness meant
something much worse in biblical times than it means today. When it
was written that Jesus healed the blind, back then it would have been
a huge victory. Today's famines and wars are probably about as bad as
blindness was back then, both in terms of perception and in terms of
actual lack of opportunity in the days before Braille, canes etc. That
might be something to discuss with the healing prayer enthusiasts.

Arielle