[Blindtlk] Putting reflective tape on my cane?

Mari Hunziker marihunziker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:38:25 UTC 2014

Having reflective tape on a cane is a smart thing and a very good idea. I
live in TX and it can be pretty miserable here in the blazing heat. I
typically only like to go out at night especially during the Summer. My
kids and I walk to our neighborhood pool a couple of blocks away. And as it
tends to get darker later we walk home in the dark. I have come so close to
having an accident and so grateful that I had my cane with me. The
reflective tape on the cane bounces off the lights of on coming cars and
traffic. Just like when others go out in the evenings on bikes,  walking,
 jogging, etc. they all have reflectors on. People generally want to be
safe and will go to great lengths to  protect themselves. So, its just a
safety precaution to have reflective tape on your cane. My husband even
wears a jacket with reflective stripes on it for when he is out jogging at
night. I think it is such a great idea to wear bright colors even at night
because that is reflective as well. You all be safe and take care.
Thanks,
Mari Hunziker