[Blindtlk] Incense

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 23:31:00 UTC 2014

You just light the end, like you would a candle or a cigarette or whatever.
the only difference is that you only let it burn for a few seconds, then
blow it out.  An ember will remain which will burn slowly and send up the
smoke that is the scent you want.

Check for flame by holding your hand near it.  Then gently blow on it.
Usually you can hear the flame go out.  Then check for the remaining ember
by holding your hand over the end of the incense.  If it's a flame you will
feel a lot of heat several inches from the source.  If it's the ember you'll
be able to get quite close before feeling the heat.

The dangerous part is not putting the burning incense into an appropriate
holder.  They make all sorts of really neat ones, but any ceramic plate will
do.  I like the incense cones better. They fit nicely into a small dish or
ashtray.

HTH
Julie