[Blindtlk] What a difference in a cane

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 01:58:53 UTC 2014

Evening, Tommy,

         I had the same experience as you in that never could I
imagine how a straight cane would, could, fit into my lifestyle. Yet,
I forgot what ended up happening to make me begin to use one of those
NFB straight canes. And, my experience was as you describe your's to
be. And, at times you are traveling sighted guide, there's nothing
wrong with holding your stick in like a pencil grip, whilst holding
the shoulder (that['s how sighted guide works for me, lightly
constantly contacting the ground. That way connection to Ol'Sighty is
maintained, sowhich, I thought was the point of sighted guide.
Anyway, Tommy, you can hold your stick in your arm at times you need
your hands or set it aside if you need too. Glad you have seen the light!
for today, Car

one of those free NFB straight canes from a