[Blindtlk] Echolocation: How it Works

Robin robin-melvin at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 12:15:41 UTC 2014

Regarding the instruction of EchoLocation (i.e.,
FlashSonar), 2 of the people I hear who train
people in its use are Justin Louchart and Daniel Kish.

Daniel Kish is probably the individual, who
demonstrated cycling using EchoLocation (i.e., FlashSonar).

I've heard he has established a NonProfit
Organization in Southern California (World Access
for the Blind), and frequently travels the world
teaching its use. He is also the individual, who
taught Ben Underwood, who Passed Away.

What is more "socially acceptable" a White Cane
or a GuideDog, a White Cane or "Tongue Clicking,
Tongue Clicking or a GuideDog? I say whatever
works although it would greatly enhance an
individual's repitoire if he/she possessed at
least 2 of the 3 Mobility skills to rely on. This
is just my personal opinion. I don't really care
if it is "socially acceptable" or not