[Blindtlk] taking apart things while being blind

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 16:51:39 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
Yes, I've taken an adventurous route as a blind person to take things apart.
One time, I ended up dismanteling my own Perkins braillewriter to investigate a problem which occured.
The chain that wraps around the two rollers on the inside somehow came off and the only way I was going to figure it out was to just take the whole brailler apart.
Late last night, I ended up taking apart my Hoover dool cleaner to try and figure out why the sound of the motor wasn't sounding right.
I was able to take the base off, pop the brush guard off, but sadly, couldn't get the rest taken apart in the hopes I could at least do a deep cleanning on it.
Guess I'll have to check out the Dumbies Series at my public library to see if they have some stuff on how to deep clean and repair a vacuum cleaner.
*Wow*
I say never say a blind person can't do something like this unless ya try first.
*Smiles*
Bibi and MAR son Odie
orleans24 at comcast.net