[Blindtlk] Credit Reports In Braille?

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 11:06:22 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
I have been getting my Verizon Wireless phone bill in braille and am now working on getting my Excel Energy in braille next.
As for my Comcast bill, I'm getting it in electronic mail.
When I opened up as my late husband Dale called it "braille mail", I was caught off guard to find that one of the pieces of braille mail happened to be my credit report from Experian.
Is it true that you could end up receiving your credit reports in braille, even if you don't contact the dredit reporting companies to request a braille copy?
I'm confused as I contacted Excel Energy a week or two ago to request a copy of my Excel Energy bill in braille.
I'm curious of how others on list feel about the idea of receiving a credit report in braille, given it may have your private information and that there's a possibility it could end up in the wrong hands of other blind individuals that could easily be reading your personal information.
I point this out because I knew of a blind lady who live next door to me asked the staff of her apartment complex to discard her former Qwest braille bill and a Hadley School for the Blind Newsletter that was also in braille.
Needless to say, another resident got a hold of that information and passed it off to me because she thought it was braille I could read.
Once reading it, I discovered the former Qwest braille bill which had the blind woman's account information, charges on her bill for phone, cel phone and direct TV.
I was able to locate her phone number and immediately contacted her to make her aware that someone in her apartment complex had gotten a hold of braille material.
I also told her that it was best out of honesty I returned the items back to her upon advising her not to leave braille reading items such as bills out for trash disposal.
My question is: what is the appropriate way to dispose bills and credit reports that are in braille?
Bibi and MAR son Odie
orleans24 at comcast.net