[Blindtlk] Help With Kindle Ignorance Please...

James Kelm jameskelm at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 17:43:22 UTC 2014

Dear friends,

    Well I have been confronted with a form of technology of which I am totally ignorant, and I hope that you will be able to assist me!

    I am currently in Grad School, and I just learned that several of my text books will be distributed in a Kindle format.  I have heard of Kindles, but the only thing that I know about them is that they are beyond my financial budget.  So can these files be made accessible for the blind, and if so, how would I go about doing it?

    I do have JAWS 15.0, as well as last year’s model of Stream Reader.  I also have Kurswile 1000.  Do any of these work with Kindle files?

    Thank you for your help!  I really appreciate it!

Respectfully Yours,
James Kelm