[Blindtlk] Knfb Reader

Anita Adkins asadkins at frontier.com
Sat Sep 20 15:53:35 UTC 2014

Hi again,

First, I learned the secret, which is knowing where your camera lens is
located on your phone. The lens is generally located on the underside of the
phone in the corner on the end near the screen lock button, not the home
button end. I was placing the phone so that it was centered over my page,
and thus, I was getting bad results. Once I realized to place the camera
lens rather than the phone over the center, my picture improved
dramatically. If you place the phone so that it is portrait on a page that
is aligned in the same portrait way, in other words, place the page as if it
were going to be read in the normal way you would read a page in a book and
place the phone so that it, if it were really a book, were going to be read
in the same way, then you have them both portrait. Landscape would mean you
turned the page sideways so that its top is on, say, your left, and its
bottom is on, say your right. What happens in this landscape view is that
the side of the paper turns into the top, and its other side turns into the
bottom, and thus, the line from left to right is much longer than in
portrait since the paper is now much wider in the landscape view. Sorry to
those of you who understand this, but I am explaining should there be those
of us who are still understanding what portrait and landscape mean. Back to
the phone, have both arranged in a portrait way and make sure the camera
lens found on the bottom corner of your phone is centered over the page.
When the lens is in the correct spot and the home button is toward the
bottom of your page, the phone might feel like it is centered over the
bottom half of the page rather than over the entire page. Hope this is
useful. Anita