[Blindtlk] elevator accident/and more

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 04:55:42 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
This happened to me last Thursday, September 25, 2014  and I figured to see what everyone's thoughts are on how to deal with this situation appropriately.
*Smiles*
Sadly, CORHUD (Colorado Regional Housing Urban Development) isn't doing things properly to make sure my subsidized apartment complex is maintained and having safe, working elevators for all residents.
Unfortunately, I can't file a lawsuit off the bat unless I have full proof and probable cause.
All I can do is launch another complaint with U.S. HUD, Fair Housing including CCDC (Colorado Cross Disability Colision).
My apartment complex has seniors and disabled residents and the name of it is Sunset Park Apartments also under Volunteers of America.
Although there may be other things in the message, main part is about the elevator.
Bibi and MAR son Odie
orleans24 at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 8:11 AM
Subject: elevator accident/and more
Hi, all,
Unfortunately, I had a rough elevator accident in my apartment complex.
I took Odie out to take care of his business and planned on coming back inside to feed him before planning our day.
While in elevator#4, it suddenly fell several floors, bouncing really hard to where I was bounced around as well including Odie.
I was jerked forward and then felt myself snapping backwards, injuring my back in the process.
When Odie was bounced around as well, all four of his paws slightly were lifted off the floor, then dropped back down.
He jumped out in front of me to brace me from falling down completely to the floor.
The brakes alarm began to kick on and then; stopped.
The elevator started to move again up one, but then back down.
Finally after we were trapped in there for a few minutes or so, it went up to the floor where Odie and I reside on, the third floor.
After feeding him and getting my stuff together, I pushed my medical alarm to get help.
Fire Station6 showed up to check me over and then, they helped me get down to the ambulance as it was delayed due to trafic.
American Medical Response Ambulance took Odie and I right off to Denver Health Medical so I could get checked out.
I thought X-rays were in mind, but that didn't happen.
I was only given Bahlium muscle relaxers to help calm down the pain.
When I requested for the ER staff member to see if she could have me transported back home via ambulance due to the pain I endured, she wanted to do things her way and have me go home by cab.
As I began walking down the hallway, the pain became rougher and I had to stop continuously.
I didn't expect the next part, but Odie happened to see a chair and he took me right over to it.
I sat down still in tears.
I was given a prescription muscle relaxer for a few days which was what I really didn't want to begin with as I know it really puts me into a heavy, dead, sleep.
Needless to say, the irritating trip to the front lobby was made.
Not only after a few minutes of being out there, the fire alarm came on.
Odie bolted up immediately and looked in the direction of the emergency strobe on the fire alarm moving and also alerted a staff member that I needed help getting out of there quickly.
Of course, I also had to ask her for help on how to get outside, pointing out that I have a seizure disorder ad would rather not be back at square one: in the emergency room again.
Despite still feeling pain in my back, I'm still planning on getting out of my apartment and making a trip to  the public library to pick up some holds.
Odie could also get exercise as well so he can still keep going as he is almost eleven years old.
I definitely plan on staying away from the back elevators and will just deal with the front ones for now.
As for Odie, he wasn't hurt during the incident yesterday and hasn't shown any signs of being injured.
*Smiles*
Bibi and MAR son Odie