[Blindtlk] New attraction opening in Orlando just in time for the National Convention - Orlando Eye.

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:20:55 UTC 2015

Good morning everyone:

There is a brand new attraction located on International Drive, not too far
from the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, which is where we are having our
national convention.

The eye is a Ferris Wheel - The original "Eye" which it is called is in
London, England along the Thames River, and from what I hear you can see for
miles. It is also going to be on the same road as our hotel, I believe you
can get there by the I-Trolley from the hotel right across the street.

With that being said, why should a blind person be interested in this.

It is an experience that not to many people have. As part of the ride there
is a 4D Experience, this information is posted below

This is not your everyday Ferris wheel -

The Orlando Eye is one of the newest attractions in Orlando and the largest
observation wheel on the East Coast!

The new cantilevered observation wheel with enclosed, air-conditioned glass
capsules, will be 400-feet tall and 400-feet wide and will offer visitors
views of Central Florida including nearby theme parks and attractions,
lakes, the Orlando downtown skyline and surrounding areas.

The Orlando Eye will be operated by Merlin Entertainments, owner of LEGOLAND
Florida, and it will be anchored by two additional Merlin brands: Madame
Tussauds Orlando, the celebrity and historical wax figures attraction, and
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium, an immersive underwater aquarium experience
featuring a variety of sea creatures, winding tunnels, floor-to-ceiling
tanks and bubble aquariums. Additionally, the aquarium, known for its
conservation efforts, will have educational components for young marine life
enthusiasts. All three attractions will be at I-Drive 360, a new
entertainment and dining complex.

Skyscraper, being billed as the world's tallest roller coaster (but it is a
calm ride, it is not fast like a coaster at all), will be joining The
Orlando Eye observation wheel as another focal point of the I-Drive skyline.
Skyscraper will not only be a feat of architecture, but also a
first-of-its-kind thrill ride. It will be the anchor attraction for the $250
million SKYPLEX indoor entertainment complex and is set to open in 2017 at
International Drive and Sand Lake Road in Orlando. Skyscraper will also
boast an observation deck that will offer views 535 feet from the ground and
will be accessible by the region's tallest glass elevators

It unofficially opened last night April 16th, lit with 1000s of lights

Here is the link to the youtube video:

https://youtu.be/lyGR4eTLEcs

There are different price tickets

>From General Admission to VIP Experiences (which include champagne or a soft
drink), nice way to pop the question or get engaged or tell that special
someone you love them. There is a combined attractions ticket that includes
all 3 attractions.

Facilities are designed to be fully accessible to guests with a disability.
They welcome all disabled guests, but restrictions do apply:

Each paying disabled guest can bring a care giver free of charge

Service animals are permitted in the attraction

Any guests requiring oxygen/ medicines with them are permitted to do so
-Security must be informed in advance.

Large groups attending with disabled quests are required to book in advance
through our call center.

Wheelchairs:

Weight of wheelchairs have no importance

Motorized wheelchairs are allowed in the attraction

Wheelchair width must be 36 inches or smaller

It is imperative to identify if the guest uses a wheelchair. If a guest uses
a wheelchair then they are required to book a Wheelchair Ticket and not a
Disabled Ticket.

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org

631-236-5138

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama

No more than 1 wheelchair per capsule - first come, first served basis

Each paying Wheelchair Ticket guest can bring a Care Givers free of charge

4D Cinema Experience: 4 minute show includes the following effects this is
part of the ride

Lights

Wind

Sound

Water

Smells

Any condition that can be exacerbated by flashing lights it is not
recommended that you go through the 4D experience.

I would highly recommend, of course, not during convention, but if you are
looking to do something before convention or after, or maybe in the evening
after all the General Sessions and meetings, that you may want to try this.
Also reserving a ticket ahead of time, because we are going to be here
during July 4th week. If you need help getting tickets my information is in
the signature, but if you want to do it on your own the website is
https://www.officialorlandoeye.com/tickets-prices/

Remember it is not what you can see, it is what you can experience - Cheryl
Echevarria