[Blindtlk] Small Brailler and/or Inexpensive Braille Display

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Wed Dec 23 14:34:42 UTC 2015

What about the vario ultra, or the Smart Beatle from Hims. I'm not sure
if the Beatle has a word processor, but I know it will connect to
several devices at once and has a sixteen-cell braille display.
The Vario Ultra is a similar device; but I know for sure it has a basic
word processor and 20 cells of braille.
Or hey, what about the Perkin's Mini Seika braille display. Sixteen
Cells and I believe, either a basic word processor or a braille file
reader. The Seika is probably your most affordable option.
If you don't mind forgoing the word processor, you can go for the
Braille Pen, twelve cells of braille and a very low price as far as
braille displays go.

Or yes, indeed, I believe there is a tiny perkins-type brailler that
you can carry with you... I believe it's called a Jot-a-dot brailler?
Maybe? I've never seen one of those myself, but I do know they exist.
Hopefully this can give you a kickstart on what to search for.
Hope this helps just a little.

Warmly,

Bernadetta P