[Blindtlk] Employment Question...

James Kelm jameskelm at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 4 21:43:03 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

    This may be a question who’s answer is too involved for the general list, but if someone would like to assist me off line, please feel free!  jameskelm at earthlink.net  I would love to hear from someone from an agency, or other type of professional that works with this issue regularly.

    I will soon be attaining my Masters degree, and once that course of study is finished, I am looking toward other areas in which I can gain further employability for myself.  I have heard that a number of agencies, including some within my own state, are looking for a number of certified instructors.  From what I have gathered, mobility instructors, Braille instructors, and others are needed.  My question is two fold.

    Firstly, what are some of the certifications that I could consider, that are commonly most needed within the field of rehabilitation for the blind?

    Secondly, what is involved in one acquiring such certification?

    Thank you for your help!