[Blindtlk] Lions Clubs

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 5 18:30:29 UTC 2015

Hi All:

Without making our Rsc look bad, I'll get to the punch. My wife is going into job training next week, and though everything else regarding the job itself has been funded, OOD is unwilling to purchase her a notetaker. As I use my self-purchased U2 Mini, I can lend her my Pac Mate. However, in the long run, she needs a less bulky notetaker. I cannot afford to purchase her a U2 Mini. We used to have an organization in Dayton which purchased big-ticket  equipment for the blind, whose parents were members of the club. It was called the Sightless Children's Club. It seems that this org has gone underground.

When I was young, our local Lions Club put on Christmas parties for us young blind children. I have heard of Lions Clubs donating money and possibly in some cases purchasing glasses for people. I know they funded Leader Dogs in some way and their name is on the center for the blind in Little Rock, Lions World Services For The Blind. I had an idea of calling our local club to see if they could help us out in some way to purchase an up-to-date and appropriate netetaker. Before I do, I just want to be sure I am not wasting my time. Other than eye glasses, does anyone know if the Lions Club has ever purchased any technology for blind adults in need before!?

Thanks!

chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Customer Service Representative: Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio

Every man, woman every boy and girl,
Let your love light shine and make a better world

Daryl Hall And John Oates