[Blindtlk] Extremely frustrated with a well known company

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 00:41:52 UTC 2015

Hello, Chris.  I totally understand why you feel so emotionally involved
with this.  You put a lot of time into it, and you've had to deal with some
people who are ignorant.  There are lots of problems that you identify in
this post.  I was a senior computer programmer and a project manager for a
time, and I can tell you that most organizations shield their technical
folks from incoming calls.  Sometimes you get really bright people who know
their product and the institution for which they work, but, far too often,
the folks who handle incoming calls are trained on how to deal with the most
common problems.  They are also graded or perhaps rated on the number of
calls they take in an hour.  This makes it very problematic for those of us
who use hardware and software that is not well known to them.

My suggestion is that you channel your anger, after you've lived with it for
a couple of days, into a very succinct and assertive letter.  You can bounce
it off folks here.  We will understand.  Then I would send that letter to
the highest person in the company I could, doing enough research along the
way to send it to key technical people in the organization.

I want you to understand that I like what you wrote.  I have been there so
many times, and it is hard to deal with intelligent people who don't
understand or who try to shrug you off or placate you or pretend that they
have done exactly what you've asked.  I think you have the ability to write
a company changing narrative.  You may hold in your hands the ability to
actually get Yamaha to pay more attention to accessibility.  I hope so.  I'm
rooting for you!