[Blindtlk] Be My Eyes

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Jan 17 22:07:02 UTC 2015

HI All,
  Some here may already know about this app, but for those that do not, the Blind Access Journal (for those interested they have a free audio pod) just recently did an episode on this.

  The app is called "be my eyes" without the quotes.

  It is like VisWizz gone video chat.

  It is an app where you connect live with a human who uses your back camera to view things and give you any information. Unlike Viswizz, you do not need to wait around for the answer. However, it is apparently starting to get popular so the wait times to be connected can be a bit lengthy. I have not tried it out yet, but I am likely going to do so.

  If anyone has tried it, I would love your thoughts on how well it worked.

  The demo that BAJ did had a part where the person on the other end, indicated, without even being prompted to mention that a package of food they were discussing had an expiration date and asked if they would like to have it read.
Have a wonderful (hopefully long) weekend all!
Chris