[Blindtlk] 1 killed in Aurora crash involving wheelchair

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 07:21:03 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
Sorry if I haven't posted much to the list in a long time.
I've been busy helping out a briend in Centenial, Colorado who is blind and a transplant paitient.
I'm posting a link to a news story on 9News here in Denver, Colorado.
Sadly, a lady in a power wheelchair was killed by a delivery truck.
Once she was transported to to a nearby hospital, she was pernounced dead.
As a totally blind wheelchair user, I can openly admit I've almost been hit probably close to ten times.
Back when I was in between guide dogs in July, 2003 and during my junior year of high school, May, 1997, I was hit by a car.
I wasn't wheelchair mobile as of yet.
In both incidents, the drivers ran from the scene.
With working guide dogs,I've encountered close calls, just as the same when I am out with my power chair.
Here's the link for the news piece.
Sincerely:
Bibi and MAR son Odie
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/01/23/1-killed-in-aurora-crash-involving-pedestrian/22240145/