[Blindtlk] unfortunate ending of my court case

Ray Foret Jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 00:31:54 UTC 2015

Let me take a line or two to ask but one question.  Did you contact Scot's office about your case?  I have a feeling that you might be able to get the NFB involved if you can establish that what they said is that because you are blind and cannot visually identify your attacker, your attacker goes free, you might I think have a case.  Frankly, yours is the second such case I've heard about.  I'm not free to talk about the second, even though the victim is now departed from this life.  Let's just say that there's something about this that really bothers me.  I am beginning to wonder how many blind women there are who are the physical victims of attacks and yet, because they cannot visually identify their assailants, their attackers get off free.  It really hurts my heart to contemplate that such a pattern may exist and yet we seem to do not much about it.  Despite the fact that a fully independent blind woman can identify her attacker by means other than sight, (means which are verifiable and known to be reliable) her attacker goes free and she is, perhaps at worst, called a liar by the judge, (assuming she ever gets to court to start with).  Of course, I dare speculate that I, (a male) most likely don't have too much if any business talking about this subject, still, it really bothers me.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray

Still a happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone 6+ and Apple TV user!

Sent from my Mac,
the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in