[Blindtlk] [Blindly] Amazon Access: Reverting Back to Old Version?

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Jul 25 03:58:30 UTC 2015

Hi,
  What you are seeing sounds pretty much like what I am seeing. It used to be optimized for screen readers where it was fully functional, had headings, and if you did a search, would show you around 20 results.

  In its new version (a version that seems to be going back to the old version they used to have for screen reader and mobile app versions without being fully functional), when you do a search, you get five results at a time and no headings. Also, if you search for kindle books on the site, it claims they are not accessible in this version.

  Interestingly, if you click on a search result, it seems to go back to the more optimized version, and then return to the less optimized version when you click back to the search results.

  Hopefully, this is just a short-term glitch at Amazon's end and will soon return to its more functional version.
Happy weekend all,
Chris

Dr. Christine M. Szostak
Assistant Professor of Psychology