[Blindtlk] Administering subcutaneous injections

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 27 19:22:53 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I remember that a while ago, there was a useful discussion on
this list about how to give injections non-visually.  If I'm
remembering correctly, someone at that time mentioned having
experience giving subcutaneous injections, and I'm wondering if
that person (or anyone else of course) would be willing to offer
me some tips, as I have a cat who needs a medication that can
only be administered in this way.  I've already gotten some
fantastic advice from blind friends who have done this, but I'm
thinking that the more input I receive, the better (and that my
cat's vet is less likely to raise blindness-related concerns if I
can establish that many blind people have done this successfully
before me).

Thanks and best,

Lucy