[Blindtlk] Windows 10: Hopefully an Allowed Question

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:10:53 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

I haven’t tried to use Windows 10 as yet with JAWS or any other screen reader so will confine myself to your questions 2 and 3.

On 2, Microsoft are apparently going to release a new version of Office - Office 2016 - in the second half of the year, optimised for Windows 10.  Whether or not you wait for that or buy Office 2013 either now or for less when Office 2016 comes out may depend on your plans for JAWS.  I imagine you may need to upgrade to JAWS 17 for Office 2016 to work, and JAWS support took a while to settle down when Office 2013 came out.

On 3, Office 2013 is accessible but different to previous versions, particularly when compared to Office 2003 with the introduction of the ribbon.  I too need to use Word and Excel for work, and have been able to do everything I needed to in Office 2013.

Cheers,

Ed