[Blindtlk] Spanish with JAWS

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Wed Mar 4 13:43:19 UTC 2015

Hello Anna,

In my experience, Jaws switches to reading another language, if the language in the word document changes. I think you can do this under the file menu under options. There is a language setting. You can't set the whole document to one language, since JAWS will then read stuff wrong. The language will have to be changed, whenever the language changes in the text. This is probably something that should be done by the folks preparing the document for you. People reading the document visually won't notice this issue. Only those of us using screen readers do.

Ellen