[Blindtlk] A Wierd BrailleNote Issue: Any Thoughts?

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Mar 5 10:12:46 UTC 2015

Hi All,
  I have a BN-Apex with an 18 cell display. This morning, whenb I turned it on, the first seven cells looked fine, but the rest of the cells had and still have braille xs in them. Nothing I do seems to get rid of them.

  Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, may I ask how you resolved the issue?

  As a few more details:

1)  I can still type, it is just that the xs  cover up the rest of the text. For example I might see something like: I am trxxxxxxxxxxx

2)  If speech is on or is on request, you can hear what is being covered and the xs are not spoken.

3)  The xs only go away when the BN is turned off.

4)  When I did a reset on the device, the xs remained present during the entire time it was rebooting (thus, I saw startingxxxxxxxxxxx).

  Any help would be much appreciated!
Have a great almost weekend all!
Chris

Dr. Christine M. Szostak