[Blindtlk] Vacationing Without Vision

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 10 17:33:41 UTC 2015

Hello, Christine. My wife and I have been on a cruise and have stayed on a
beach without bringing along someone with sight. This is not to say that we
did not encounter people with sight who offered helpful assistance.

If you are going to do some swimming, a portable jam box with some classical
music might be a good thing to put on the beach near your towels. It is easy
when frolicking in the water to move away from the location where you
entered.

If you are going to stay at some resort, it is good to figure out what
transportation options are around. Sometimes small resort towns do have a
taxicab, but sometimes it is probably worth your while to talk with the
management of the establishment where you will be staying to see if they
know of someone looking for some part-time work. You can use that person as
a driver if the place you are going really is so small that there is no
public transportation available.

If you would like to chat about this, Debbie or I will be glad to tell you
about our limited experience in visiting resorts and swimming at a beach.
Our phone number is 573-874-1774.

Warmly,

Gary