[Blindtlk] Question about eating in public

Tom tom.cramer1 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:52:47 UTC 2015

I have a feeling this is going to be a very dumb question, but I want to ask
anyway.

I enjoy eating out in public with friends or people.

One of my favorite things, like any young person my age, is burgers and
fries.

I'd like to know what you guys do as blind folks with the following
situation.

Most people enjoy some sort of dipping sauce for their fries, such as
ketchup.

Some fast food places have those little dipping cups, and if I have someone
get me one or two, no problem.

But, what about those places that don't.  You either have the plate that has
the burgers and fries on it, or you sometimes have those cardboard boat
looking things heaping full of fries and no cup or dipping container.

I figure that on a plate situation, there could be a little room to put a
bit for dipping, but not always.  What is good or proper or visually
appealing to do with such things as those little boat looking things or when
a plate is full of food or fries and there's no designated room?

I have ended up just eating them plain, but why do that?

What can I do to still enjoy what I like?

And, is it OK to eat the fries with fingers if they have ketchup on them?

Again, embarrassing questions I wouldn't normally ask a sighted person.

Tom