[Blindtlk] Question about eating in public

Christopher-Mark Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:21:58 UTC 2015

Tom,

First of all, don't be afraid to get a little messy!  First off, I would ask
for a small cup or container that you can squirt the dip into.  If they
can't make that happen, then just squirt it on the plate/box or whatever.
If that doesn't work, squirt it on your nice dresspants!  No, just kidding!
Don't dare do that!  LOL!  Seriously speaking though, if you have to use
your fingers, that's OK, but frankly, this is just me, but in a situation
like that, I'd ask for a fork, and would just stab them with the Ketchup,
Mustard, or whatever you like on them.  If that's not an option either,
which it should be, then my final last resort would be to just use your
fingers.  It'll be gross, and feel disgusting, but at that point, what're
you gonna do?  Just be sure there's a public restroom nearby, as trust me
when I say, you'll need it!  Just using tons of napkins won't cut it.
You'll still have quite a sticky residue on your hands.  You'll need
something very wet like running water.  I've been known only, key word,
only! at the end of the meal to order a small glass of water, then take a
napkin and dip it in the water.  Just know that after you do this, the water
probably won't be good to drink, but that's not the purpose for getting the
glass to start with.  Usually though, to be way more discreet about things,
if I know it's going to mess my hands up like crazy, I always say this to
people:  baby wipes, baby wipes, and oh, did I mention baby wipes!  Trust
me, they're great for way more than just cleaning little kids bums with.
LOL! and usually, they get the job done quite well.

I'm not too sure how fond I am of the idea of being barbaric and just taking
your paws, and going at the food with sauce all over it.  That's kind a
rude.  OK, I'd do it as a last resort, but I'd definitely seek other options
first, if I could.

Chris.