[Blindtlk] Question about eating in public

Bob Hachey bhachey at verizon.net
Fri May 22 02:20:57 UTC 2015

Hi Tom and all,
I usually keep wet wipes on hand, especially when I have my PAC Mate with
the Braille display. I've been in numerous situations where others with whom
I'm eating, (blind and sighted alike) ask if I have extra wet wipes. The wet
wipes do three things:
1. they allow me to eat messy foods like ribs and chicken wings without
worry, if I'm dressed in business attire, the tie gets tucked inside the
shirt and I'll lean slightly forward;
2. I am always sure to keep the Braille display clean;
3. I can shake hands with confidence when the situation warrants.
Bob Hachey