[Blindtlk] Here I come with another weird question about dreams and such.

Bob Hachey bhachey at verizon.net
Fri May 22 06:05:15 UTC 2015

Hi Christopher,
I like this one! I am blind in most of my dreams. But the ones where I can
see involve me either driving a car or piloting a plane. I chalk some of
this up to envy. Not being able to drive is one of the things that bugs me
about being blind.
I have had numerous opportunities to sit in the co-pilot seat of gliders and
small planes and loved it. Two pilot friends of mine told me that I have a
very good sense and feel of how to fly a plane. They have allowed me to take
the controls when we're not near any obstacles. I am told that I can make a
90 degree turn to within two degrees of accuracy.
One of the strangest dreams I ever had involved me driving from my
girlfriend's place back to my college dorm. I parked the car and then got my
guide dog and suitcase out of the back seat and walked to my dorm!
The vision I had in these dreams was very simplistic. I could read the gages
in cars and planes, but all people appeared as stick figures.
No psychoanalysis please! LOL.
Bob Hachey