[Blindtlk] Sewing for the blind

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri May 22 13:26:17 UTC 2015

I sew, but mostly with nylon webbing, for craft projects and the occasional
clothing repair.  I have sewn with a machine, but mostly I sew by hand.  My
machine isn't equipped to go through the heavy materials I'm generally
using.  I don't know of any books.  If you have specific questions, I'd be
happy to share my techniques.  Here's a few off the top of my head things
that might help:
I store the various colors of thread in plastic sandwich bags and label the
bags with the color.
I use binder clips, those heavy duty paper clip thingys, to hold pieces
together for hand sewing.
You can have a reader staple your cloth measuring tape along all the 1 inch
markings, making it into a tactile measuring tape on the cheap.

HTH and happy sewing!
Julie