[Blindtlk] Rude People.

MaryMcGee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:43:45 UTC 2015

Dear All,
	I admit I haven't posted in years because of one rude person, but, after I read this set of posts, I decided that I should begin anew and state that I've let one rude person drive me off this link and I think I'll put an end to it here and now!  A few years ago, someone was gripe, gripe, gripe, and I got sick of it.  That wasn't as rude as this person, whose post I've read several times now.
	First, I'll say that, when I dream, sometimes I can see, sometimes I can see like 20/20--or at least what I imagine 20/20 would be like.  It's hard to explain, but it's kind of like watching a hi-def movie.  When you have low vision, I guess that's how you perceive good vision--like everything is hi-def, clearer and bolder.
	I've also had dreams of driving and flying.
	I concur with whoever said that the only dumb questions is the one that isn't asked.  So, ask away!
	Did you all know that the fork wasn't used until the 19th Century?  Prior to that, people stabbed huge chunks of food with their combat knives and bit off bites.  Or, they pulled chunks off the food and put the smaller bits in their mouths to chew.  Whole animals were served, e.g., rabbits.  They were simply skinned and field dressed and cooked with the heads, etc. attached over the fire.  Then, at dinnertime, people pulled off chunks and ate with their fingers or stabbed their meat, thereafter shoving it into their mouths.  So, you see, meat was a finger food in the old days.  Regarding dips, just do whatever is easiest.  If the little cup is easier, get a little cup.  If you want to get your front feet in your food so it; just carry the Baby Wipes.  I'm a True Believer in Baby Wipes because I'm for sure a Miss Piggy eater!  And it has nothing to do with blindness!
	So, there you have it; I came out of my proverbial shell and gave an opinion.  And, oh, yes, the most important opinion of all, and I learned this from leaders of the Des Moines Chapter of the NFBI:  The NFB is an organization that's much bigger than any of its people!  We try to be polite, but we're human, so we're all going to fail at some time or another.  Moreover, this is a public link, so people whose behavior isn't acceptable WILL occasionally appear.  How about we just ignore them and move forward?
Mary L. McGee, Attorney

Sent from my iPad